Thursday, June 1, 2017

Landscapes, Seascapes, and Story Scenes

I remember my childhood names for grasses and secret flowers. I remember where a toad may live and what time the birds awaken in the summer -- and what trees and seasons smelled like -- how people looked and walked and smelled even.
~John Steinbeck


Three artists this Thursday: Harold Harvey, Eleanor Fortesque-Brickdale, and Marie Egner.

Pioneer of Aerial Navigation
by Harold Harvey

Marsh landscape

by Harold Harvey

Unloading the boats, Newlyn Harbour
by Harold Harvey

Motiv von der Insel Rab (Arbe)
by Marie Egner

Mühle
by Marie Egner

"Yestreen Queen Mary had four Maries, This night she'll hae but three; She had Mary Seaton, and Mary Beaton, And Mary Carmichael, and me" (Mary Hamilton)
from Eleanor Fortesque Brickdale's Golden Book of Famous Women

Bottom and Titania
by Eleanor Fortescue-Brickdale

The Uninvited Guest
by Eleanor Fortescue-Brickdale

2 comments:

HWY said...

Beautiful, soft scenes. Very soothing this morning.

Bottom and Titania is especially interesting.

Carol Varsalona said...

Tabatha, I just love this collection of paintings. Pioneer of Aerial Navigation is a beauty, especially since I love country scenes from long ago. Do you think I can add this to the spring gallery, compliments of you?